You are invaluable to us and we would like continue this way! We do our utmost to merit the trust you have placed in us and to treat your personal data respectfully.
It is important to us that you know what personal data we process and what we use these data for.
You find a brief overview of all relevant topics below. We have described the information as clearly as possible for you. Per topic you can view detailed information about that topic using the link ‘read more’, or you simply scroll further down.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
What information do we process and how did we obtain it?
When you visit our website, contact us via the chat functionality, fill out a quotation form, place an order or send an email, we receive and collect various types of information.
How do we use your information and why?
The data are used to provide you with a tailored offer, to properly perform requested services and to improve the website and the marketing campaign.
Are your data shared with third parties and why?
Your data may be shared with other transport companies, shipping companies and customs agencies, but also with our marketing agency and web developers.
What rights do you have?
You have a right to view the information we have about you. Furthermore, you can have your data completed or edited.
Protection of your data
We do our utmost to protect your data and to ensure that these data are properly deleted and/or destroyed.
Do you have any questions about this statement or would you like to receive information regarding the data which we have about you? Please contact us.
Article 1 – What information do we process and how did we obtain it?
Below you find the data we process:
- Data which were provided by you, allowing us to deliver the requested services, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account number and VAT number.
- Derived data which we obtain when you use our digital services (the website, chat functionality and email). These data include for instance the type of device used when visiting our websites, the pages visited in our network, the articles which were read, your location, clicks on our banners and ads, data regarding the use of a platform, time, topics read and clicks. These data are only collected with prior authorisation by means of cookies. Your authorisation is requested when you visit (one of) our website(s) and are asked whether you accept the cookies.
- Data following from your contact history, such as notes of conversations, client questions, complaints and information following from introductory interviews. Such contact can be initiated by you or by us.
Article 2 – How do we use your information and why?
- To be able to perform our services we need personal data to, for instance, make a quotation or to deliver your shipment and to be able to send you an invoice. Furthermore, you can reach us through different channels, such as by telephone, mail, email and chat functionality. We also process personal data to enable these types of communication.
- To comply with legal obligations. This concerns, for instance, personal data necessary to ensure tax compliance.
- Your personal data are also used to improve our products and services. We, for instance, track click behaviour on our website to analyse which web pages and articles are read most and which are read least. This allows us to derive preferences and areas of interest.
Article 3 – Are your data shared with third parties and why?
- Your personal data will not be sold, leased, shared or in any other way made commercially available to third parties. Insofar as data are provided to third parties, this is only done with your consent or the data will be anonymized to the extent that they cannot be traced back to you personally.
- As part of collecting invoices Cargo Company uses the services of debt collection agencies. In the event of default Cargo Company can refer the debt to such third parties. In such cases, the necessary data are provided in order to be able to collect the accounts receivable.
Article 4 – What rights do you have?
You have the following rights:
- Access: We are happy to inform you which data we have collected regarding your person and for what purposes we use these data.
- Rectification: You can have your data edited, completed or improved. When you inform us of your request, we are happy to make the adjustments for you.
- Erasure: You can request the erasure of your data. Please keep in mind that the erasure of data may not be possible when we are under legal obligation to save certain personal data. Also, we may be temporarily unable to process your request for erasure when those data are still required for other purposes, such as the maintenance of books and records.
- Restriction of processing: You can have the processing of your data restricted when you are of the opinion that your data are being processed unlawfully or incorrectly.
- Object: You can object to the processing of your data. When you object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, we will ensure that this processing is ceased as soon as possible.
- Data portability: If you would like us to transmit your data to a third party, you can send a request to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 5 – Protection of your data
Cargo Company has established safety measures to protect your data. These safety measures depend on the type of information that we process.
We do not retain your data any longer than necessary to provide services requested by you, for the purposes described in this policy and for compliance with the law. We will remove your data safely when retention is no longer required.
As we are part of a worldwide transport network we use shared services, of which a large number are located outside Europe. To be able to assist you across the entire logistics chain, your data may be shared outside Europe.
When information is passed on in this manner, strict rules apply to ensure that your data are consistently protected with a high level of security. We therefore take all the necessary safety measures. When your data are transferred outside the European Economic Area, we apply one or more of the following mechanisms:
- Standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission
- EU-U.S. Privacy shield
- Binding company rules
- Binding rules for company processes
Article 6 – Contact us
If you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of personal data, you can contact us via email@example.com